First Nations Managers’ Joint Gathering
First Nations Managers’ Joint Gathering 2019
The First Nations Managers’ Joint Gathering was on Tuesday, June 11 and Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at the Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
To view our final agenda, click here.
This event is organized by the Regional Office of Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada/Indigenous Services Canada.
This event was an opportunity to hear presentations from federal departments on programs and services, and to share information with other First Nations on positive projects that have been undertaken in their own communities. Types of topics that have been covered at previous events include human resources, finance, community planning, governance capacity etc.
Below are the presentations from this year's First Nations Managers’ Joint Gathering:
Presentations from the agenda Day 1: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- Dionne Savill Regional Director General, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- Financial Training Support-Shayla Point, First Nations Financial Management Board
- Yukon College-Haley Mitander
- First Nations and Inuit Health Branch-101 Presentation Louis Dumulon, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch-Indigenous Services Canada
- An Overview of CIRNAC Lands Programs Allister Morrison and Emily Brascoupe, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- Secure Certificate of Indian Status Trace Joe-Caley and Selena Humphries, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada-Client Services
- Employment and Social Development Canada – Service Canada: Updates on Programs, Services and Initiatives Muepu (Fox) Kabuya, Service Canada, Citizen Services
- Post-Secondary and Labour Market: The Next Big Thing Anton Solomon, Yukon government-Department of Education
- Working together for traditional food accessibility across Canada Heather Park and Colleen Ahntholz, Canadian Food Inspection Agency/Government of Canada
- Briefing on the Priority Place Initiative - Yukon South Beringia Paula Pacholek, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Canadian Wildlife Service
Other attachments: First Nations Land Management
Day 2: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Introduction to Emergency Management Dave Beaudoin and Ken Fuller, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- Overview of Water/Wastewater Programs Andrea Morgan, Chris Potvin and Carlene Hajash, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- Indian Residential Schools Resolution Health Support Program Beyond 2021 deck Beverly Fouhse, First Nations and Inuit Health Branch-Indigenous Services Canada
- Representative Public Service Plan Michel Léger, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
- CIRNAC Yukon’s Indigenous Recruitment Action Plan Caleigh Miller, Canada’s Free Agents
- Economic Development: Opportunities to Innovate and Participate Torrine Johnson, Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency-Government of Canada
- Northern Housing Innovation Centre Stephen Mooney, Yukon College
Pictures from the event