Employment Opportunity for Students with Disabilities Mentoring Program
|Overview||EOSD Events||Mentorship Program||Student Resources|
Aussi en français
| Registration required:
Please note that the mentorship program is only open to students with disabilities who are registered with EOSD.
Mentoring plays an important role in employee engagement and retention, contributes significantly to individual and organizational productivity, and make employees feel valued.
Students participating in EOSD have the opportunity to participate in a self-directed mentoring program, designed to support students in:
- Developing a career path
- Assisting the mentee to develop cognitive skills
- Learning to network
- Developing a specific skill that the mentor and mentee agree on
Learn more about the program by reading: Mentorship Program for Students - Powerpoint Presentation
How to Participate
Only students registered with EOSD can participate in the mentorship program. Once registered, students will receive information on how to get started and find a mentor. Please visit our EOSD GC Pedia page (only available on the GC intranet) for more information.
- Roles and Responsibilities of Mentees - Canada.ca
- Roles and Responsibilities of Mentors - Canada.ca
- Backgrounder for Mentors
- Mentorship Program for Students: Information for Mentors - Powerpoint Presentation
- Human Resources Council (HRC) Mentoring Guides
- Best Practices for Mentorship
- Mentorship Resources - wiki (gccollab.ca)
- EE Informal Networking and Mentorship
- List of prompt questions for mentees to ask during mentoring session (Accessible document)
- EOSD Mentorship Log - Bilingual (also available in an accessible English version)
For additional information on the EOSD Mentorship program or to sign up as a mentor, contact the Public Service Commission’s Diversity and Inclusion Centre of Expertise.
Accessibility is a journey and we are always finding ways to improve our content. If you can help us provide information to you better, please let us know.