CSPS Digital Academy/Jobs/Director Engagement
Director, Engagement (EX-01)
Digital services, Canada School of the Public Service, Ottawa
● A forward-thinking, authentic and engaging leader who knows what the public service can be. You want to roll up your sleeves and help us get it there.
● A technology savvy entrepreneur and who is ready to lead your team in a rapidly changing government and societal environment.
● A natural networker who builds human relationships. You understand how communities support learning and the potential of networks of digital communities of practice and interest to transform government culture.
● An experienced communicator who is collaborative and open by nature. You will build cross-governmental and cross-sectoral partnerships to ensure our people are learning from the best and work with optimistic, inspiring and civic-minded partners we need to meet the expectations of Canadians.
We are the Digital Academy
Our job is to ensure Canada’s world-class public service is prepared for the digital age. Hosted at the Canada School of Public Service, we will build on international expertise with a made-in-Canada approach.
We are open by default and collaborative in nature. We bring together contributors from various levels of government, the private sector, and the non-profit sector, knowing each bringing their own strengths, knowledge, experience and expertise to improve government services through digital.
Our focus is to advance the understanding of digital, what it means to public servants as professionals, and the impact it has on the business of government.
Our curriculum and learning will support all levels of public servants in their efforts to modernize operations to deliver the kind of digital services that Canadians expect.
As the Director, Engagement, you will:
● Live and champion the Digital Standards.
● Build and lead a multi-disciplinary team of policy, business, partner engagement, technology, and communications professionals.
● Develop partnerships and networks inside and outside government to support the modernization of our organization as we build towards being a front-runner in digital government.
● Develop, organize and deliver post-academy learning and community focused after-care for our alumni community.
● Work with networks of organizations across Canada and beyond to grow an open learning community around digital skill development.
● Help get the resources, time and space for the team to thrive, experiment, and deliver amazing learning experiences.
● Join, and grow, a network of professionals actively experimenting to make Canada’s public service more open, accessible, and high performing.
● Work with and for your colleague directors to develop and execute effective learning in the domains of data, design, DevOps, disruptive technology and AI/machine learning.
You'll need to have:
● A university degree (or equivalent experience)
● Shown leadership and management skills, including experience in business development and community building
● Proven ability to effectively lead an integrated cross-disciplinary team that includes communications, partnership, policy, and design professionals
● Experience working in an open collaborative and/or decentralized environment
● Proven excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, partners in cross-functional teams, and users
● A demonstrated desire to continually learn, experiment with and develop new methods, including agile and open governance models
● A demonstrated willingness to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them
● Demonstrated strong communications skills in both French and English
We are a digital first team with members across Canada, and partners around the world. Our home office is currently located in Ottawa, Ontario.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and working on awesome projects to build the government of the future, please send your cover letter (max 500 words) and résumé (max 2 pages) or a short (<3 minutes) pitch video or audio recording to Chris Allison, Director General of Digital Services.
We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive workspace and are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, age, Veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or family commitments.