Working at the ATSSC/My pay and benefits
Should I access MyGCPay to view my pay statements?
Yes. The MyGCPay Web application was designed for viewing one's pay statement in addition to the following functions:
- Helping you better understand information regarding your pay and benefits
- Providing the ability to print important documents, like tax slips and proof of employment
- Accessing historical information, paycheques, benefits plans, enquiries, dating back to 2016
What is Phoenix and when do I need to access it?
- Manage direct deposit information and voluntary deductions
- Manage coverage under the Public Service Health Care Plan
- Update employee-to-manager relationships
- Report time
- View payroll statements and tax slips (though, we suggest MyGCPay is the better application for this)
Will I receive benefits and if so, what are they?
Information related to benefits that are specific to you, will be provided to you by your Compensation Advisor. Please contact a member of the Compensation and Benefits Team at Compensation-Remuneration@tribunal.gc.ca if you have any questions.
- Consult the Relevant authorities page (you will find links to collective agreements and relevant policies and directives)
- Welcome to the Public Service Pension Plan
- You and Your Pension Plan video series
- Public Service Superannuation Act (PSSA)
- Public Service Superannuation Regulations (PSSR)
- Public Service Pension Plan
- Public Service Health Care Plan (administered by Canada Life, and MSH International for Emergency Travel assistance services and comprehensive coverage)
- Public Service Dental Care Plan (administered by Canada Life)
- Public Service Management Insurance Plan (applies to executives, excluded, and unrepresented employees)
- Disability Insurance Plan
What are my leave entitlements and how do I request leave?
Leave entitlements are outlined in relevant authorities. For questions on interpretation, please ask your manager. Managers looking for guidance may send an e-mail to the Labour Relations team: LabourRelations_RelationsTravail@tribunal.gc.ca.
For additional information on leave, please consult the Taking leave page.
The Human Resources Information System (HRIS) is the self-serve system used by the ATSSC employees to request paid leave, such as vacation leave, sick leave, various family-related leave, etc. HRIS Leave Self-serve also allows you to view your leave balances and the history of the leave you have taken.
Employees who are entitled to paid leave—i.e., indeterminate or term (full-time/part-time) employees whose pay is being managed by the ATSSC Compensation and Benefits Team—can create a HRIS account.
Note: If you have transferred to the ATSSC from another federal government department, only once your pay file has been transferred to the ATSSC will you be able to create an HRIS Leave Self-serve user account. If you are on secondment at the ATSSC, your pay continues to be managed by your home department (or the Public Service Pay Centre) and you will not have access to the HRIS.
For more information on HRIS, including special instructions for employees of the Social Security Tribunal secretariat, please visit our HRIS intranet page.