SMA Mat Santé Mentale
|Accueil||Travail au Distance||Retour au travail||Santé Mentale||Measures de Protection||Dictation||Ressources|
The outbreak of COVID-19 has resulted in a high degree of uncertainty and disruption to our lives, and it is not unusual to feel a heightened degree of anxiety and worry about the potential impact on yourself and your family.
As we continue to navigate through this uncertain time, Defence Team members can access a variety of resources and information to help maintain and improve our mental health and overall personal well-being.
- The Coronavirus disease outbreak and the necessary public health measures to contain its spread can have a negative impact on the mental health of people and communities across Canada, including federal public servants and their families.
- The Centre of Expertise on Mental Health in the Workplace offers a dedicated online hub on COVID-19 and mental health for public servants, providing timely, curated resources, services and supports. It includes tips and tools on how to take care of your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak and where to get more help if needed.
- Short-term enhancements to the Public Service Health Care Plan have also been made to further support staff at this time. The requirement to have a prescription for psychological services is temporarily suspended, and the scope of qualifying mental health professionals expanded, until non-critical business is authorized to resume or as indicated otherwise.
- The Government of Canada is steadfast in its ongoing commitment to supporting public servants and their mental health, including when public health measures are eased up and we return back to a new way of working.
Access information on:
- Mental health and wellness during COVID-19
- Self-care and resilience
- Financial well-being
- Additional resources
- Crisis texting service for Canadian military children
- Mental Health Tips for Working from Home
- Public Service and Military
- COVID-19 App
- DND/CAF COVID-19 Important contacts
- Sexual Misconduct Response Centre
A selection of Canada School of Public Service courses for all public servants
- Mental Health: Awareness (Z041)
- Mental Health: Communication Strategies (Z087)
- Mental Health: Health and Wellness Strategies (Z042)
- Mental Health: Psychologically Healthy Workplaces (Z043)
- Mental Health: Signs, Symptoms and Solutions (Z067)
- CAF Community: Staying Fit with Personal Support Programs
- Weekly Canadian Forces Morale & Welfare Service sessions for Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
- 60 Seconds with Nora Johnson, Regional Employee Assistance Program Coordinator
- What can LifeSpeak do for you?
- Mental health tips in a time of physical distancing
- 60 Seconds With Major General Downes, Surgeon General of the Canadian Forces and Commander of the Canadian Forces Health Services Group
- Employee Assistance Program
- Canadian Forces Member Assistance Program
- Health Canada Employee Assistance Services
- Mental health and COVID-19 for public servants: Protect your mental health
- Centre of Expertise on Mental Health in the Workplace
- Family and intimate partner violence
- Health Services
- Mental health in the Canadian Armed Forces
- Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Services
- Mental Health - Healthy At Home (WHO)
Frequently Asked Questions
Defence Team members are encouraged to refer to this page regularly for updated questions and answers regarding the Business Resumption Process (BRP) and the measures being taken around COVID-19 in the workplace.