GC Jobs Transformation
What is GC Jobs Transformation?
As business owner for the current and future recruitment platform, the Public Service Commission (PSC) is responsible for the recruitment component of an end-to-end HR to pay solution and under the GC Jobs Transformation (GCJT) project the PSC is transforming the Government of Canada recruitment solution. Our system is outdated and no longer serves the needs of our users, particularly in a digital age. The new solution will be a flexible, modern, inclusive and user-centric to attract top talent to the Government of Canada now and in the future.
This is a multi- year project which will use a phased approach - where there will be constant evolution based on consultations and feedback.
In 2017-2018 PSC engaged job seekers, hiring managers and HR professionals to tell us their needs through the New Direction in Staffing Interface (NDSi). Through this process, we have learned that there is a need to make the recruitment experience more simplified, seamless and intuitive – that the user needs should be the first considerations.
Building on the NDSi, the PSC is moving to the next phase, through GC Jobs Transformation, of exploring system options to meet the needs of stakeholders. There are several key requirements that still need to be captured. PSC is continuing to have this dialogue with partners and interested parties to gather all requirements in order develop a solution that addresses all recruitment needs.
The GC Jobs Transformation team is currently conducting series of workshops to explore areas such as:
- Resourcing preparation
- Attracting applicants
- Conducting assessment
- Undertaking selection
- Systems support
- Inclusion of competencies and interests
- Skills validation
- Priority entitlement administration
- Integration of internal workforce data – to minimize data entry
- Flexibility to customize based on departmental needs
- Continual feedback mechanism
The workshops are engaging different target groups namely:
- 1. Job Seekers
- Individuals using the system to create a profile, search and apply for jobs and to view the current status of their applications. The focus is to improve the user experience, and communications with job seekers and to simplify the staffing process and the approach to advertisement.
- 2. Hiring Managers
- Individuals who uses the system to post job openings, screen candidates and hire the successful applicants. The focus is improve timing for hiring staff, simplify the staffing process and candidate matching, attract passive candidates and improve volume management.
- 3. HR Professional
- Individuals who are using the system to process candidates from screening applicants to to hiring the candidate(s) based on the policies, essential requirements and other hiring factors that need to be considered. The focus is to simplify the hiring process from end-to-end.
Current status of the project
The GC Jobs Transformation project is currently at Phase 0.
Work continues through dialogue with the key stakeholders to identify the key requirements to address all the recruitment needs. PSC is currently engaging the job seekers, hiring managers and HR professionals through their active participation in several sessions. In addition, a webinar session was held on November 16, 2018, providing an overview to industry leaders on the recently issued GC Jobs Transformation Project Request for Information (RFI). The purpose of the RFI is to explore what currently exists in the private sector in terms of recruitment solutions. It provides companies in the recruitment industry with opportunities to demonstrate how their solutions work.
An options analysis is currently underway to determine the best way forward, whether it is to buy, build or a combination of both.
The procurement strategy for upcoming pilots is in development, including close collaboration with NextGen HR and Pay. In addition, Proof of Concept testing will be conducted with selected departments and agencies to further assess the feasibility of commercially available solutions.
This phase will run until March 2020. For more information about the project phases please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/corporate/experimentation-public-service-commission/gc-jobs-transformation.html
A few features the GCJT team is interested in...
The GCJT team is committed to supporting open and transparent government! These files are openly shared with the public and will give insights on progress and updates on the GC Jobs Transformation project.
- GCJT Discovery Paper_RFI_EN
- Strategic Scope One Pager_EN
- GCJT Environmental Scan Report_EN
- GCJT Overview_EN