FSWEP's Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity Resource Page
Are you an Indigenous Student?
If you have answered yes, we would like to invite you to be apart of the Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity! You will receive opportunities such as networking, mentorship, training and other exciting opportunities! To register please send us your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- Region (City and Province)
- Please specify how you were hired in the public service:
- Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
- Post-Secondary Co-Operative Education and Internship Program (Co-Op)
- Research Affiliate Program (RAP)
- Your work / professional email
Once registered, you will receive updates by email regarding all things ISEO!
Register today to be apart of this exciting opportunity!
Welcome to the Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity's Student Page!
Are you apart of our GC Collab group? We share information on events, important activities, what's going on around different departments and regions, and you can engage is lively discussions! Join us today! ISEO on GCcollab
Networking will help you develop and improve your skill set, stay on top of the latest trends in your industry, keep a pulse on the job market, meet prospective mentors, provide you with social support, and gain access to the necessary resources which can allow you to exchange resources with others (e.g., helping one another) to help foster your personal and career development.
- ISEO GCCollab Web Page
- Federal Employee Network on GCconnex
- Western Indigenous Student Engagement Network (ISEO Student Network in the Western Region)
- Pacific Aboriginal Network Email
Be sure to look if your specific department features a Young Professionals Network and/or Indigenous Advisory Circle.
There are five main courses which revolve around Reconciliation and cultural awareness. You can find the links below:
- Cultural Self-Reflection: What I Know and What I Don't Know
- The Uncomfortable Truth
- First Nations in Canada
- Métis in Canada
- Inuit in Canada
Careers and recruitment
- Government of Canada jobs for Indigenous people
- Career Marketplace (Interdepartmental opportunities for jobs and mentoring)
- Post-Secondary Recruitment Campaign
- Recruitment of Policy Leaders
- Post-Secondary CO-OP/Internship Program
- Government of Canada Jobs in Nunavut for Nunavut Inuit
- Canadian Armed Forces Aboriginal Entry Program
- Aboriginal Leadership Opportunities Year at National Defence
- Aboriginal-specific job profiles at Correctional Service Canada
- Aboriginal Role Models at Correctional Service Canada
- Research Affiliate Program
- Various Initiatives at Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada and Indigenous Services Canada
- Indigenous Student Recruitment Initiative at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Summer Training Programs at the Department of National Defence
- International Aboriginal Youth Internships at Global Affairs Canada
- Check this out! COVID-19 Resources in Indigenous languages
- Check this out! Reasons to Join the Federal Public Service
- Indigenous Awareness Week Information: File:Indigenous Awareness Week Information.docx
- Indigenous Educational institutions and Indigenous Centres
- Indigenous Learning Series at Canada School of Public Service
- A Copy Editor's Education in Indigenous Style
- Indigenous Peoples: Language Guidelines