GCStudents - ÉtudiantsGC/English/Resources/Pay and Benefits

From wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
GC Students Logo - Logo d'Étudiants GC

💵 Information about pay

Useful Resources

Government of Canada Salary Resources

👨‍💼 Pension and Service Buyback

Pension Contribution

Did you know? You begin contributing to the pension when you have been employed in a student job (FSWEP, CO-OP, RAP) for more than six (6) months of continuous employment and have worked more than 12.5 hours per week.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Service Buyback

Did you know? Your years of work as a student employee can be counted as part of your working years for early retirement if you buy them back.

📃 Eligibility criteria for health insurance

With the Government of Canada, we have Sun Life (health care, optional) and Canada Life (dental care, mandatory).

  • Student Employment: This refers to workers under a student contract in the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP), Research Affiliate Program (RAP) or CO-OP (Public service student recruitment programs - Canada.ca).
    • Eligibility: You are eligible if you have had student employment (FSWEP, COOP, RAP) for more than six (6) months of continuous employment and have worked more than 12.5 hours per week.
  • Casual Employment: Casual employees are workers hired for a specified period of time not exceeding 90 working days per calendar year in a department or agency (Casual Worker - Canada.ca).
    • Eligibility: A casual worker is not eligible for |...| the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) or the Public Service Dental Care Plan.

🦷 Public Service Dental Care Plan with Canada Life (mandatory and automatic enrollment)

Public Service Dental Care Plan member booklet

A) Validate your membership

  1. Go to MyGCPay.
  2. Select the "Benefits" tab.
  3. You will see if you are registered or not.
  4. Write down your certificate number which begins with CF.
  5. If you are not registered, review the eligibility criteria above.
    1. If you meet all the eligibility criteria, contact the Pay Centre by phone to verify your file.

B) Information to share to use your insurance

  1. Download the Canada Life app on your cell phone (recommended) or sign in on the website.
    1. Your identification number is your certificate number (see step 1 to 3 in the section above).
    2. Your plan number is either 55555 or 55666.
  2. On the home page, select the cards and share the following information:
    1. Name of your insurer: Canada Life
  3. Plan/contract number: 55555 or 55666
    1. Certificate number/identification number (#ID) (if necessary, see step 4 in the previous section).

Want to add a family member (children or partner)?

  1. Log in to your Canada Life account.
  2. Visit the direct link or look for the "Forms and Benefit Cards" section, then the "Administrative Forms" section.
  3. Download the "Public Service Dental Care Plan Dependent Information" form which will be available at the bottom of your screen.
  4. Send the form to the email address at the bottom of the form.

🩺 Public Service Health Care Plan with Canada Life (optional membership)

The information is no longer up to date. More details to come.

If you have resources that you would like to add to our wiki page, write to us: isc.ncr.rcn.cei@gmail.com

Sign up for our monthly newsletter! and join our GC Students Facebook Group!

Facebook icon.png