GCStudents - ÉtudiantsGC/English/Resources/Students with Disabilities
|Home||Our Team||New Student||Resources for Students||Employment - Tips and Tricks|
|During your student contract||Indigenous Students||Students with Disabilities||Pay and Benefits||Networks and Networking||Learning||'End of Your Student Contract|
Did you know? Students with disabilities and Indigenous students have access to additional Public Service Commission (PSC) resources, such as events at summer sessions, the Virtual Door to Talent for Persons with a Disability and Indigenous Career Pathways to find a job after your studies.
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Ask your manager/supervisor to register you for the Employment Opportunity for Students with Disabilities or the Employment Opportunity for Indigenous Students by completing the registration form.
The Employment Opportunity for Students with Disabilities (EOSD) is a program that offers services to all students who self-declare as having a disability.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
Accommodation means adjusting the work environment and adapting work duties so that they may also be able to fully participate in the workplace and work activities.
The following are examples of accommodations:
- extra time;
- clear communication;
- quiet environment;
- adapted computer equipment (screen, mouse, keyboard, etc.);
- use of specialized equipment or software (Antidote, text reader);
- reduction in working hours.
Initiating the Accommodation Discussion
As a student in need of accommodation, we encourage you to:
- Have a discussion with your supervisor about it;
- Suggest software or an alternative to accommodate you;
- Follow up to inform your supervisor whether or not the accommodation is appropriate for your needs.
If you have resources that you would like to add to our wiki page, write to us: email@example.com