Data Conference 2022 Networking Missions
Brought to you by Statistics Canada and the Canada School of Public Service with support from the GC Data Community
Networking missions for Data Conference 2022: Five steps to making new connections
Along with exciting speakers sharing great ideas, meeting like-minded people who are also attending a conference makes for a great experience.
In a virtual space, we don’t bump into each other while waiting in line for coffee or when viewing a kiosk together at the same time.
When we’re all remote, we have to make an extra effort to meet new people. Here are some things you could try.
From 14 February to 4 March, how many connections could you make using these networking missions?
We’re hoping they’ll nudge you toward making meaningful connections and discovering the various types of work taking place across the GC that’s related to data.
- Get active with conference networking tools:
- ☐ Ask a question of the speakers using Wooclap during certain conference sessions, which are identified in the agenda
- ☐ Share a resource or chat on GCmessage (How to create an account on GCmessage)
- ☐ Introduce yourself and your data interests or respond to a post in the GC Data Community group on GC Collab
- ☐ Join a networking circle on Wonder.me
- ☐ Join in on the conversation on social media using #GCData2022
- ☐ Data visualizer/storyteller
- ☐ Data scientist
- ☐ Data engineer
- ☐ Database administrator
- ☐ Data analyst
- ☐ Policy analyst
Sign up for a chance to extend your professional networking with a GC executive
Here are the GC executives offering a chance for a 30-min networking session:
- Anneke Auer-Olvera, Director, Programs & Operations, Standards Council of Canada
- Neil Bouwer, Vice President, Canada School of Public Service
- Kyle Burns, Director General, Public Sector Innovation, Canada School of Public Service
- Benoit Deshaies, A/Director Data and Artificial Intelligence, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Tom Dufour, Director General, Strategic Data Management Branch, Statistics Canada
- Ambereen Jamal-Rahim, A/Director Service Management and ICT Accessibility, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Kimberly Kargus, Director, Chief Data Office, Employment and Social Development Canada
- Ling Lee, Director General, Strategic Management Directorate, Deputy CIO, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Elise Legendre, Director General, Chief Data Officer, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Pansy Leung, Director, Chief Data Officer Secretariat, Service, Innovation and Integration Branch, Canada Revenue Agency
- André Loranger, Assistant Chief Statistician, Strategic Data Management, Methods and Analysis, Statistics Canada
- Dr Joel Martin, Vice President Digital Technologies and Chief Digital Research Officer, National Research Council Canada
- Steven Morgan, Director General, Access to Information and Privacy, Canada Revenue Agency
- James Van Loon, Director General, Health Canada
Everyone’s eligible to sign up. Enter your name and contact information for a chance to be matched with a GC executive for a 30-minute networking session.