Principal Publisher MOU
- September 28, 2018 - The Principal Publisher Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and an accompanying service agreement for the Managed Web Service were both amended in March 2018 to extend their termination date from March 31, 2018 to September 30, 2018, in anticipation of a new arrangement being implemented in that time frame. Amendments were made to the Department of Employment and Social Development Act (DESDA) in June 2018 which broadened the mandate of ESDC for service delivery to the public and provided additional authorities for the provision of service delivery to partners, including the services under the current agreement. Additional time is required to ensure that institutions are aware of the new services available and the associated fees, and that these are also accurately described in the new agreement. To ensure continuity until then, the current Principal Publisher MOU is being amended to extend its duration to April 1, 2019.
Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) is responsible for the provision of web and other related electronic or digital services to Government of Canada institutions through a standardized service agreement.
A new service agreement is being developed for 2019-20 and will be established between ESDC and each institution using the services, including:
- Content management platform for Canada.ca (Managed Web Service, or MWS)
- Web Analytics tool
- Social Media Platform Management Tool
- Canada.ca Newsroom
MOU Documents 2018
Draft and final MOU documents will be posted here. Institutions are welcome to download and review them. Please use the "Watch" function at the top-right of the page to be notified when this page is updated. Draft</-->
- MOU Master Agreement (English Draft as of August 21, 2018)
- Managed Web Service - Service Agreement (English Draft as of August 21, 2018)
- Social Media Platform Management Tool - Service Agreement
- Newsroom - Service Agreement
If you have a question or a comment about the 2018 MOU, please contact us at the following email address using the subject line "Principal Publisher MOU".