This content in alpha phase. Regular updates are made.
This content is in alpha phase. Regular updates are made.
About the Session
At PSPC we use Windows every day. Working from home introduces some new challenges for those of us who are used to working in a traditional office setting. At work we can easily collaborate with colleagues, print documents, get on site support for our workstations. These become more difficult in a work from home scenario. This session is focused on giving users some tips and tricks to help make their move to a work from home setup on your personal or PSPC issued computer more enjoyable. The tips and tricks you will learn are also useful when we do return to an office-based work setting.
What you will learn:
- Setting up your Windows environment
- Setting up your screen resolution and using multiple monitors
- Digital productivity tips, including using Sticky Notes and taking screenshots using the Snipping tool
- Tips to working without a printer
- Some basic Microsoft Office tips and tricks for Word and Excel
- How to quickly find files on your hard drive
- Using the Windows key effectively
- Using features of the Chrome (browser)
- Electronically signing PDF forms
Who Should Take This Session?
- Everyone who uses a Windows device at work or at home
- People new to working from home in a digital working environment (paperless)
- People looking to improve their productivity while working from home or in the office
- Microsoft Office users (Office 2013, Office 2019, Microsoft 365)
What You Will Need for This Session:
- A laptop or desktop that uses a Windows operating system (Linux and OSX not supported)
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ready to sign up?
Please fill in this form.