Federal Provincial Territorial COVID-19 web management working group/June 8 2021
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vaccine and travel feedback update
- DTO: Focusing on recovery and reopening, scaling back on vaccines
- Travel: Assessment tool now live (walks you through your quarantine plan and you get an answer whether your plan is suitable)
- Fines have increased as of June 4th (now up to 5000$) - page updated
- New page for cruise ship information
- Health: Working through approvals on updated content for vaccine safety
- HC yesterday received application for Moderna for 12+ (going through application process and when approved will be updated on the site)
Cross-jurisdictional site updates
- Sunset of federal COVID assessment tool
- The Federal assessment tool has been removed, page is now updated to each of the provincial and territorial assessments instead
How are you addressing vaccine hesitancy in your web content and are you developing web content to support vulnerable populations, youth getting vaccinated?
- PEI: Have had great uptake in the vaccine, and expecting everyone who wants the first vaccine will have it by end of month (80% target)
- People are asking now how long do I have to wait for 2nd vaccine
- Nova Scotia: New page for vaccine hesitancy - while assuming those who are hesitant might not be on the site
- This page is more materials/resources for users to share with friends and family to encourage/provide resources to them
- Ontario: Have a few pages around vaccine hesitancy but not titled directly with that (more in line with vaccine safety)
- Answers questions on ingredients, and side effects
- Specific pages for audiences (youth, elderly, Indigenous populations)
- Manitoba: Currently at 54% of the population vaccinated with 1st dose and aiming to have 70% of adult population by end of month
- Have social media campaigns on “taking a seat” for vaccine to get life back to normal
- Q.for Manitoba: News release talking about secure immunization card for vaccine
- A. It will be a card you can apply for online after you’ve received your second dose.
- Are you developing content for COVID testing in the workplace?
- Mostly not being considered for provinces and territories yet
- Ontario: Working on a online application now for businesses for them to submit COVID cases in their workplace, and includes one-page information on rights for safe work environments, routine precautions, and rights to refuse dangerous work
- PEI: Rapid testing is happening only for those hired by Justice or Public Safety, not open to schools or businesses
- Continue these meetings? Anything to change?
- Decision to move these to 30 minutes for the summer
- Group would like to see the meetings to continue (especially with variants ongoing - unsure of what will occur over the summer)
Notes and action items
- Updated COVID assessment page: Now linking to provinces and territories