The Digital Enablement Directorate
Work with us
Join our team of passionate, talented people working on the cutting edge of digital and multi-sector partnerships.
The Digital Enablement Directorate of the Treasury Board Secretariat is working to help the Government of Canada work in the open, to create better digital tools and services. How? By developing an open and accessible digital workspace – an open source solution using open standards and light-weight partnerships to help us get it right.
The world is networked, but in many ways, governments are still working in silos. And that’s a barrier for many groups who want to solve the tough challenges that affect us all.
Come join us to help create create the new digital workspace!
- A suite of interconnected tools that are open, accessible, free to use and free of advertising, forever.
- Ways to contribute to new and existing open source projects that help raise the bar for everyone.
- An ecosystem of tools and communities creating together in real time.
The team-of-many-talents is organized around these core functions:
- Technical Development
- User Experience and Design
- Data Analysis
- Strategic Partnerships
The make-it-happen attitude of a start-up. The ingenuity of a social enterprise. The heart of an inspired public service. The flexibility and curiosity of a network. That’s the culture we’re living and growing, with people from across sectors and experiences.
- Curiosity and questioning what has been done before.
- Humble listening, reaching out and working together – we can’t do it alone.
- Action bias, and learning as we go.
- A healthy dose of freedom to problem solve in creative ways, and flexibility to integrate passions and ideas into the larger whole of our projects.
- Agile, user-centric, community, networking, systems thinking and others to get great results, fast.
- #Digitalfirst – work how and where you need to, to get your work done and have a great experience doing it.
- Enbracing the Digital Standards.
Some team attributes
- Passionate about changing workspaces, technology and innovation
- Creative and collaborative, thrive on taking new directions
- Interested in shaping the changing nature of workspaces worldwide
- Happy in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Organized and self-directed