What is GCcollaboration
In response to COVID-19, the Government of Canada is temporarily launching GCcollaboration, a suite of Microsoft 365 tools that are available:
- on the cloud
- from any personal device
- for unprotected/unclassified information and discussions
Why is GCcollaboration being launched now?
The Government of Canada is launching GCcollaboration to offer public servants a suite of tools to support their remote working arrangements due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
The purpose is to enable the use of video and audio conferencing in MS Teams for public servants and reduce the need of VPN access.
GCcollaboration also ensures that public servants have access to software that enables them to work together from home during this crisis.
Before you use GCcollaboration, note the following:
- It is temporarily available and will end pending the end of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Due to security measures, it is very important that you do NOT use the same password as you use for your work devices or applications
- It is NOT recommended that you download the Microsoft software on personal devices as it may nullify personal Microsoft licenses
How to install MS Teams on your devices
The following are documented instructions to support users in downloading MS Teams.
What does it include? How can I learn these tools?
GCcollaboration currently includes the following Office 365 tools.
To learn how to use these tools, click on one of the following icons to find resources offered by Microsoft:
Upcoming Virtual Training Sessions
Microsoft will be hosting online Teams training sessions (in both English and French). There is no limit to the number of participants that can register. The sessions are intended for end-users covering the topics such as: Intro to Teams, using Chat, Channels, Activity, Meetings and more.
- April 23 at 1:30 pm EST – Pre-recorded with live Moderators
- May 21 at 1:30 pm EST – Pre-recorded with live Moderators
- June 18 at 1:30 pm EST – Pre-recorded with live Moderators
- April 23 at 9:30 am EST – Pre-recorded with live Moderators
- May 21 at 9:30 am EST – Pre-recorded with live Moderators
- June 18 at 9:30 am EST – Pre-recorded with live Moderators
Sessions will be delivered online for a duration of 90 minutes. There is no limit to the number of participants.
If you're interested in getting an account, please contact your departmental service desk for more information.
If you identify as one of the following audiences, click on the icon for more information about GCcollaboration. Please note that these pages below take you to GCpedia and requires access to the Government of Canada network.
Is My Department Collaborating Across The GC using GCcollaboration?
UPDATE: The content here was asked to be removed from this page and as such has been relocated to GCcollaboration Department Listing