GC Enterprise Architecture/Enterprise Solutions
What is enterprise?
Enterprise is generally defined as “an organization” or “organizational unit”
In the GC, ‘enterprise’ refers to a whole-of-government holistic approach.
An enterprise approach can be applied various facets, like governance, solutions, standards and culture.
Enterprise solutions definition
Enterprise solutions are internal and external Government of Canada assets that can be re-used in and across multiple parts of the organization.
Why focus on enterprise solutions?
To “operate as one” and advance the CEPP mandate we propose to focus on enterprise solutions defined by to business capabilities.
Role of business capabilities
Business capabilities are an expression of what a business does and can do.
It is proposed that enterprise solutions are defined as business capabilities
What is needed for Enterprise Solutions to work in the GC?
The Enterprise Solutions framework has 3 facets.
Old content to be archived
This page is a work in progress of proposed ideas, please send us your feedback on the Enterprise Solutions content to the [TBS Enterprise Architecture team]
December 15, 2020 DM CEPP presentation, Advancing Enterprise Solutions
Mandate[edit | edit source]
Develop and implement methods to deliver enterprise IT solutions across the GC to support departments’ digital needs while improving service delivery.
Enterprise Solutions definition[edit | edit source]
Enterprise solutions are internal and external Government of Canada assets capable of being re-used again or repeatedly. The Business Capability Model will be used as a baseline to describe the functionality of the GC re-usable asset.
Re-usable assets can include and are not limited to:
- User journeys and business process models
- Information and data standards
- Application software and accelerators
- Technology solutions
- Security and privacy standards and guardrails
- Procurement vehicles
Benefits of Enterprise solutions:[edit | edit source]
- provide a more cohesive digital experience for users and other stakeholders,
- reduce the total cost of ownership to provision external and internal services
- enhance integration and collaboration, create transferable skill sets, and leverage innovative work across the GC and the private sector.
Decision Making Framework for Enterprise Solutions[edit | edit source]
Presented at GC EARB on June 4th, 2020
Under the Policy on Service and Digital, departmental CIO’s are responsible for “submitting to GC EARB, proposals concerned with the design, development, installation and implementation of digital initiatives”. They are also responsible for “adopting, as applicable, enterprise solutions within their respective department.”
Decision Making Framework
Increasingly, a number of departmental digital initiatives propose solutions that address matters with common business capabilities, resulting in a diverse range of applications in operations across the GC IT landscape. TBS has recognized a need to provide assistance to departmental CIO’s to inform decision-making with respect to the adoption of enterprise solutions.
The following presentation is the first iteration of a working draft of a decision making framework that will be used as a guide for the adoption of enterprise solutions. The framework will be added to the revised GC EARB presenter template. Please send us your feedback on the decision making framework for enterprise solutions to the [Enterprise Architecture team]
The following initiatives endorsed by GC EARB have characteristics of Enterprise Solutions, re-usable assets[edit | edit source]
This registry of GC Enterprise Solutions are classified in the layers of the EA framework, BIATS.
Business Architecture[edit | edit source]
Business Capability Model ( GC BCM v2.1)
- GC EARB presentation, 2019-01-19
- GC BCM 2.0 Model
- GC BCM 2.0 Definition Document
- Government of Canada Business Capability Model 2.0, 2019-05-02
GC Digital Workspace standards and profiles
- Extensions to the Directive on Service and Digital
- Digital Workspace Standards & Profiles. 2019-10-31
Information Architecture[edit | edit source]
- GC Interoperability: X-Roads Update and Digital Exchange, 2018-03-08
- GC API for Interoperability
- Government of Canada Standards on APIs
Application Architecture[edit | edit source]
Next generation HR and Pay
Next Generation Digital Learning Environment
- CSPS – Next Generation Digital Learning Environment, 2021-01-14
- Canada School of Public Service – Next Generation Digital Learning Environment, 2020-07-02
Digital Comptrollership Program (formerly Financial Management Transformation)
- FMT Coordinated Model and GC Digital Core, 2020-04-09
- GC Entity License for Business Intelligence, Enterprise Information Intelligence Software Solution (EIISS)
- PSPC SAP Moving Forward (to SAP S/4HANA) Project, 2020-04-09
- Financial Management Transformation (Endorsement of SAP software for OCG)
- SAP Hana licenses (initially for AAFC)
- CBSA SAP HANA
- Grants and Contributions, 2017-11-09
Technology Architecture[edit | edit source]
SSC - Network Device Authentication (NDA) Project, SSC - Endpoint Vulnerability Awareness and Security (EVAS), SSC – Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), SSC - Secure Remote Access Migration (SRAM), 2021-04-22
GC Mainframe Strategy, 2019-06-19
- Government of Canada Cloud Brokering Services
- Overall Cloud Program, 2019-01-24
- Cloud Infocentre, Everything you need to know for Cloud & DevOps
Security Architecture and Privacy[edit | edit source]
Last update on 2021-01-28[edit | edit source]
Updates completed from the following GC EARB meetings
2021[edit | edit source]
2021-01-14, 2021-01-28, 2021-02-11, 2021-02-25, 2021-03-11, 2021-03-25, 2021-04-08, 2021-04-22
2020[edit | edit source]
2020-01-17, 2020-01-31, 2020-03-02, 2020-03-26, 2020-04-09, 2020-04-23, 2020-05-07, 2020-06-04, 2020-06-18, 2020-07-02, 2020-07-16, 2020-07-30, 2020-08-13, 2020-09-10, 2020-09-24, 2020-10-08, 2020-10-22, 2020-11-19, 2020-12-03, 2020-12-17
2019[edit | edit source]
2019-01-10, 2019-01-24, 2019-02-07, 2019-03-07, 2019-03-21, 2019-04-04, 2019-05-02, 2019-06-13, 2019-06-19, 2019-07-04, 2019-07-25, 2019-08-22, 2019-09-19, 2019-10-03, 2019-10-31, 2019-11-14, 2019-12-05, 2019-12-19
2018[edit | edit source]
2018-03-08, 2018-03-22, 2018-04-05, 2018-04-26, 2018-05-10, 2018-05-18, 2018-05-31, 2018-06-14, 2018-06-28, 2018-07-12, 2018-08-30, 2018-09-13, 2018-09-27, 2018-09-27, 2018-10-19, 2018-11-01, 2018-11-15, 2018-11-29, 2018-12-13
List of Enterprise Solutions from 2017[edit | edit source]
- Shared Case Management
- eProcurement Solution
- National Service Call Centre
- Shared Travel Services
- Compensation Web Apps
- Integrated Learning Management System / Gccampus
- Financial management transformation
- Project & portfolio management (IT Plan, APM, IT expenditures, Project Oversight, Business Services)
- Executive Talent Management System
- Public Service Performance Management
- TBS Application Portal
- GC Interoperability Platform
- Enterprise Grants & Contributions System
- Wellness Productivity System
- Identity Credential and Access Management System
- Credential Broker Services
- Internal Credential Management
- Open Government Portal
- Access to Information Portal
- Talent Cloud
ESDC Canada.ca SSC