GC Enterprise Architecture/Board/When to come
|Home||What is EARB||When to come||Forward Agenda||Past Sessions||Board Details||Glossary|
What do I do first?[edit | edit source]
1. Conduct a self-assessment of your initiative against the "Criteria" to determine if you should be presenting to the GC EARB
2. Complete the "Presenter" intake presentation
If you are required to come please fill out the template below:
If you are not required to come please provide rational in email and forward to the GC EARB generic email:
3. Send completed presentation or rational to GC EARB group
Things to note[edit | edit source]
- Ensure that all proposals submitted for review to GC EARB have first been assessed by your DARB (Departmental Architecture Review Board) where one has been established.
- Ensure your departmental initiatives are assessed against and align to the requirements set out as the [GC Architectural Standards].
How do you go about getting on the agenda?[edit | edit source]
- Complete the presenter intake deck.
- Email the deck to the generic mailbox: Template:ZZCIOBDP@tbs-sct.gc.ca
- GC Enterprise Architecture will review and conduct initial assessment.
- Tentative date to present is secured and you will be notified by email.
Architectural Assessment[edit | edit source]
- GC Enterprise Architecture will review your project material against the GC Digital and GC Architectural Standards.
- A summary is prepared that notes areas of alignment and areas of possible concern.
- This summary is shared with the departmental contacts and the EARB Co-Chairs prior to the meeting.
Meeting Logistics – How It Works[edit | edit source]
TBS OCIO Secretariat
2 weeks ahead:
- The Secretariat will extend the calendar invitations to the presenters (typically 1-2 people)
1 week ahead:
- FINAL presentation materials (both French and English) are required.
- Packages are prepared and distributed to EARB members for their review prior to the scheduled meeting.
- Present yourself to the separate security TABLE and see the OCIO Secretariat Representative. (Note: It is recommended to arrive 15 minutes prior to the meeting)
- You will be signed in and provided a temporary security pass.
- Make your way to the identified meeting room.
- Once in the meeting room, please RETURN the temporary pass to OCIO representatives.
Post EARB Meeting:
- A Record of Discussion (RoD) is prepared after the meeting to capture any highlights that the Board noted, as well as the decision of the Board with any conditions.
- The RoD may take several weeks to be officially published, but will be made available on the GC Wiki site.
Useful Links[edit | edit source]
- GC EARB Handy Materials
- Directive on the Management of Information Technology
- Policy on Management of Information Technology
- EARB Presenter Template
- GC Digital Standards
- GC Architectural Standards
- Application Programming Standards
Need help? Contact us.