GC Cloud Information Centre
Welcome to the Government of Canada (GC) Cloud Information Centre (CIC).
What is GC Cloud Information Centre?
The GC Cloud Information Centre (GC-CIC) is a Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat initiative designed to:
- Support Departments, agencies and other government organizations with cloud adoption and cloud migration.
- Support GC employees obtain detailed but concise information related to the cloud adoption.
The GC-CIC mission is to clarify and accelerate cloud adoption across the Government of Canada.
The GC-CIC vision is to be the one stop information centre for Cloud initiatives across Canada to better serve GC Departments and employees by providing them with the resources and guidance they need to implement cost-effective, secure, and robust cloud solutions for their Departments, agencies, and other government organizations.
The GC-CIC aims to:
- Demystify Cloud by explaining clearly what Cloud is, and its benefits.
- Provide assistance and guidance with easy to understand directions on cost-effective, secure cloud, and robust solutions.
- Promote and facilitate communications among Departments through a GC-wide cloud computing best practices.
The GC-CIC is organised around the following main sections to help you drive your cloud initiatives to success no matter where in the process of implementation you might be.
1. Cloud Guidance
In this Cloud 101 section you will find some basic cloud definitions as well as a clear explanation of the cloud deployment models used by the GC.
2. Cloud Policy instruments and Directives
In this section you will find the GC guidelines that regulate Cloud technologies to ensure alignment with GC direction.
3. Cloud Procurement
Are you looking for cloud brokering services? In this section find the full list of cloud suppliers and providers approved by the GC.
4. Cloud Configuration and Tool kits
This section aims to provide you and your Department with a road map towards cloud adoption or cloud migration. This section also includes security practices and technology applied by the GC to protect data from cyber
5. GC-Cloud community
The GC-CIC aims to provide employees and Departments with the opportunity to be a part of a cloud computing community of practice.
|Frequently ask questions|
|Read about cloud, from news to the most influential blogs.|
|Learn about other Department implementations.|
|Find events in your area and training for your team.|
Whether you are just curious to learn more about cloud or trying to obtain cloud adoption guidance, the GC-CIC can support you. If you require information, please contact us.
Join the conversation and stay in the know of the latest tools and resources we create by clicking here.