Corporate Student Program at ISC and CIRNAC
Version française ici Programme étudiant ministériel du SAC et RCAANC
The goal of the Corporate Student Program is to ensure the students at CIRNAC and ISC are being represented and involved at their workplace.
We would like to create a student community that will allow us to share and express our ideas and opinions with one another and make it known that we are in this together.
What we do
- The Student Program of ISC and CIRNAC (comprising of the National Student Network Committee) is an inclusive community and network for the student employees at ISC and CIRNAC
- It allows students to engage and get involved at their workplace, collaborate with colleagues and peers, and network to make new connections
- It is a learning environment where the students are provided with the professional tools to carry with them throughout their careers
- Support Indigenous culture awareness
- Support staff involved in student programming across both departments
How do we support the students
- Provide learning materials such as webinars
- Host virtual events for all students
- Listen to and be the students’ voice
- Redirect students to proper resources
We look forward to collaborating with you. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
How to join our GCconnex group
This year we will be using GCconnex as our hub for all student-related activities. We invite you to join the National Student Network CIRNAC/ISC group as we will be using that platform this year to communicate all of the Student Network activities.
The group will allow us to communicate and share in a variety of ways including:
- Discuss various topics with other students via threads
- Post ideas or recommendations for the NSN
- Ask questions in an open thread for other students to answer
- Give feedback on events or work experience
- Stay up to date with the NSN events
- Post photos of your experiences at our events
- Create polls
- And much more!
Please follow these steps in order to join the National Student Network Group:
- Create an account or log into GCconnex using your work email
- Go to the National Student Network CIRNAC/ISC group page
- Select “Request membership”
- We will accept your request within two business days
- You will be notified by email once your request has been accepted
- Once you are accepted feel free to explore the group and interact!
Should you require any technical assistance please visit the following page:
|Student Mini Series: Student Networking Event - Coffee Chat||Student Worker's Group of the West||Bilingual||February 26, 2021||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. ESTfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Mini Series: Sharing Student Bridging Experiences||Student Worker's Group of the West||Bilingual||March 11, 2021||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. ESTemail@example.com|
|Student Mini Series: Student-Manager Connections||Student Worker's Group of the West||English||April 8, 2021||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. ESTfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Mini Series: Mentoring Session for Students by Sherry Daniels||Student Worker's Group of the West||English||April 23, 2021||12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. ESTemail@example.com|
|National Student Welcome Event for ISC/CIRNAC||Corporate Student Program||Bilingual||June 2, 2021||11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. ESTfirstname.lastname@example.org|
List of our Partnerships
|Anti-Racism Ambassadors Network (ARAN)||Interdepartmentalemail@example.com|
|Federal Youth Network’s Interdepartmental Student Committee||Interdepartmentalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|The Student Network at ESDC||Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)||EDSC.IntegrationEtudiante-StudentOnboarding.ESDC@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca|
|ISC/CIRNAC Young Professional Network||Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)||email@example.com|
|Student Worker's Group of the West||Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indigenous Student Employment Program (ISEP)||Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)||email@example.com|
|Western Indigenous Student Engagement Network (WISEN)||Indigenous Services Canada (ISC) and Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC)||Western Indigenous Student Engagement Network (WISEN) : GCcollab|
Visit the ISC/CIRNAC Young Professional Network in which we are a part of!
Check out more events courtesy of OneTeamGov: Event Calendar for Public Servants