|| À l’heure actuelle, cette page est en cours de développement initial. Son contenu devrait être considérablement modifié d’ici peu de temps.
This page is currently under its initial development. Its contents should change significantly over a short period of time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most popular questions we receive at the Official Languages Centre of Excellence. Don’t see the answer to your question here? Feel free to email us at OLCEInformationCELO@tbs-sct.gc.ca.
Annual Reviews and Oversight
What is the Annual Review on Official Languages?
There are two main components to the Annual Review on Official Languages:
1. Excel Questionnaire (Joint TBS-PCH questions, as well as Parts IV, V, VI of the OLA)
• Collects official languages related information with questions on Governance, Monitoring, Communications and Services to the Public, Languages of Work, Equitable Participation, Leadership, and Human Resources Management.
• Excel template for tabulation purposes. Mixture of narrative and drop-down menu style questions.
2. Part VII Questionnaire
• A narrative style questionnaire highlighting key achievements of your institution relating to the implementation of positive measures.
Is my institution required to complete a Review this year?
There are approximately 200 institutions that are subject to the Official Languages Act. In order to reduce the reporting burden, TBS adopted a three-year cycle. A majority of institutions must submit a review at least once over a three-year cycle. TBS takes into consideration the size, mandate and level of risk in terms of official languages of the institution. Institutions that are required to complete a Review this year will be contacted to attend an information session prior to the exercise’s launch.
When is the official call letter for the Annual Reviews on Official Languages sent out?
The call letter for the Review on Official Languages is generally sent by the end of March. The call letter is comprised of two distinct elements:
1. A joint email to Deputy Heads from the TBS Chief Human Resources Officer and the Deputy Minister of Tourism, Official Languages and La Francophonie at PCH, informing them that the exercise has been launched;
2. This first email is immediately followed by a second email to Champions, Persons Responsible for Official Languages and Section 41 Coordinators within your institution. This second email includes the instructions and necessary templates in order to complete the exercise.