Architecture Framework Advisory Committee
|French version||Tendances Technologiques|
|Initial release||May 23, 2019|
|Latest version||May 23, 2019|
|Development File||Github Repository|
|GitHub repository||Github Repository|
Technology Briefs provides the reader with a short, to the point, summary of each Technology, how it is used by the industry, the Government of Canada and what impact it might have on a Department. Contributions from all is welcome in maintaining, updating and improving each individual Technology Briefs.
Collaboration on Technology Briefings will save time and effort across the GC by removing unnecessary duplication of effort in documenting over and over the same content. This should accelerate individual departments creation of Technology Roadmap by simply referencing common GC documentation of Technologies.
Each technology briefs follows a standard template :
- Business brief describes the business aspect of the technology by offering a high level understanding, the origin and the uses.
- Technical brief gives an in-depth description of the technology. It focuses on the most important technical aspects of the technology without going into too much detail.
- Industry usage offers an understanding of how the technology is currently used or thought to be used in the industry when commercially available. This section clarifies the benefits of the technology through examples.
- Canadian Government use details how the technology is currently used or thought to be used in the context of the Federal Canadian Government when commercially available. This intent is to provide an understanding of how the technology could ultimately benefit the federal government in regards to the delivery of services to Canadians through short examples.
- Implications for Shared Services Canada (SSC) demonstrates the clear and measurable benefits that pertains to Shared Service Canada when adopting the use of the technology. This section is comprised of these following subsections :
- Value proposition illustrates the potential strengths and opportunities that SSC can encounter by leveraging the technology.
- Challenges outlines the risks and difficulties associated with the technology that includes both risks of implementation such as the development of the product or the risks of solution by adopting the technology.
- Considerations presents any recommendations SSC may have for another department of the Government of Canada that wishes to adopt and leverage the technology.
List of Subjects
|Name||Status||Initial Release||Latest Release||Development|