GC EARB Presenter Template – SSC Appendix 3 Guidelines
Use this document as guidance to help complete SSC Appendix 3 slides
Security Profile, Availability, and Disaster Recovery Information:
Security Profile: Provide the security profile for the solution (eg. PBMM, PBHM, etc). If the solution includes multiple components with different security profiles, include all security profiles.
Maximum Allowable Unplanned downtime: provide expected maximum allowable downtime in hours per year if system is expected to run 24/7, or general availability hours if the system is expected to run during business hours and have downtime otherwise.
Availability requirements: Provide an estimate for availability requirements: Medium availability is 95%, High availability is >=99%
Disaster Recovery: select expected disaster recovery needs
- • Hot Site: Facility and equipment are set up and ready to go, with either synchronous or asynchronous data replication. It is available and running 24/7.
- • Warm Site: Equipment is available and configured. Latest application data must loaded or restored.
- • Cold Site: Available space/facility where you need to set up the equipment, connectivity, load the software and data.
- • None: best effort disaster recovery.
Authentication: select the authentication method from the options below. DCAM, ICM/ECM, or Sign in Canada are the preferred methods:
- • DCAM (Active Directory solution using ADFS)
- • ICM/ECM – GCKey, MyKey
- • Sign in Canada
- • Other: Specify the authentication method if none of the above are being used.
Hosting Solution: Specify all hosting options:
- o End State Data Centre (specify EDC)
- o Legacy Data Centre (specify specific data centre)
- o Cloud – specify cloud solution
Workload Migration: Is any workload migrating out of legacy data centres: Yes/No
- • Network Connectivity: Specify the network(s) the solution will use: eg. GCNet, Science Net, GCSI, etc.
- • Solution Sensitivity to Network Delay:
- o Very High (high quality or large number of voice, video and real-time streaming traffic)
- o High (suitable for voice and video, sensitive synchronous applications such as Citrix)
- o Medium (suitable for some synchronous applications)
- o Low (suitable for asynchronous applications)
- o Provide the minimum Required Bandwidth
• Network Geographical Distribution: Specify the distribution of the solution:
- o Low geographical spread (100 km or less) between application hosting and users
- o Moderate geographical spread (500 km or less) between application hosting and users
- o Regional geographical spread (up to 1500 km) between application hosting and users
- o National geographical spread (Canada-wide) between application hosting and users
- o Global spread between application hosting and users
• Network Traffic: Select all applicable options for the kind of traffic expected over the network for this solution
- o Video
- o Audio
- o Data
- o Interactive (APIs)
- • List the solution’s relevant Cloud Usage Profiles
- • List the solution’s relevant Cloud Connection Patterns
- • Is SCED Needed? Yes/No
- • Has the department been prioritized? If Yes, on which architecture?